Switch2 hands free token packs
- For use with Switch2 systems
- From 0.85m to 2.5m read range with a hands free keyfob
- Hands free keycard increases the range to typically 5m (maximum 50m)
- Up to 5m read range with the Long range reader
- Works as standard passive token with non-hands free readers
- Use with P and KP readers (with the hands free interface) and the Long range reader
- A lost token can be voided with a shadow card
- Active tokens with replaceable batteries
Installation - Hands free tokens will work as a standard token with all PROXIMITY readers. P series readers and KP series keypads equipped with a hands free interface will achieve longer 'hands free' ranges. When installing a system, the first token pack is added by presenting the Enrolment card from that pack. Subsequent packs are added by presenting the original Enrolment card followed by the Enrolment card from the new pack. The keycard can be used for long range access. The buttons can be configured to boost the range at which the card can be read, typically up to 5m (maximum 50m).
Operation - The tokens are supplied packaged with a corresponding shadow card. Once installation of the system is complete all user cards are valid and ready to be issued. To issue a user token, remove it from the packet and write the name of the user on its corresponding shadow card. The user may now use their token to gain access. This process is repeated for all users. If a card needs to be invalidated, the corresponding shadow card is removed from the wallet and presented to any relevant readers on the site. This invalidates the card. The hands free keyfobs and keycards work in active and passive modes. They give a range of between 0.85 and 2.5m on any reader equiped with a hands free interface, and 5m with the Long range reader. They work in passive mode with all other Paxton Access proximity readers.